Time: 30 minutes.
~ dessert ~
- 500 gr of millet flour
- 3 cups of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a bit of stevia, agave syrup or other sweetener (to your taste)
- 1/2 of grated lemon peel
- 1/2 of avocado
- 10-20 fresh medjool dates
- 3-4 rounded teaspoons of cocoa
- optional: 1 heaping teaspoon of carob + 1 teaspoon of natural honey
- 1 fresh orange
Knead the compact composition, shape it into balls and bake in in a waffle press.
Squeeze the avocado, add cocoa powder, carob and honey, mix it all together in a compact composition. Use a teaspoon for the filling and put it over the millet waffles. Maybe you will need more filling for the bigger waffles, so you can put two teaspoons. They are really delicious to consume this way (the taste of jaffa cakes).
* If you want, you can add thin slices of orange, if you like stronger and juicier taste of jaffa cakes with the orange in the middle. This is the energy food.
* If you like waffle for breakfast, see Hazelnut Waffles With Mango & Coriander.