30 minutes + time for dehydration (approximately 8 hours)
- 1 cup of organic grain buckwheat
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon of rice milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon organic raw cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons pure dark maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of coriander powder
- filtered water
1 cup of buckwheat left in the water overnight.
Next day, dry buckwheat from water in a dehydrator.
Medjool dates let 1 hour in the water. Peel and clean medjool dates.
Grind medjool dates in the food processor, add sunflower butter, rice milk, sea salt, coriander powder, cocoa powder, maple syrup, cinnamon. It should be thick.
In the meantime, chop almonds.
Extract the mass in a large bowl. Add buckwheat and chopped almonds.
Put nylon bags on your hands and make compact mass. Add water if need (very little). If it does not, it is better not to add water.
Place in a baking sheet and leave in the fridge for one hour. Straighten with spatula. Cut the cubes and put in a dehydrator to dry (for several hours). More hours are better, because it is crunchy.
Put raw homemade chocolate over the buckwheat bars and serve. To make chocolate see the *Notes.
* Chocolate: 2 tablespoons raw organic cocoa powder with 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Add 1 tablespoon filtered water, if need.
* Also, for these cakes you can use a fridge, or dehydrator (but if you want to make crispy cakes it is necessary to use a dehydrator).